Engineered specifically to meet the unique requirements of high-performance rotary engines, including turbo and supercharged applications. Fully synthetic advanced Molybdenum formulation is optimized for performance, higher temperature protection, durability, reduces friction and minimizes deposits.
- With the precise base oil mix of PolyAlphaOlephins and PolyEsters, Idemitsu Rotary Engine Oils are able to minimize deposits on your apex seals
- Allows for better sealing of the chamber, facilitating more power generation
- Extends the life of turbochargers by reducing bearing coking
- Specially developed additives facilitate even tooth load on the front stationary gear to allow for higher loads and higher RPM
- Premium anti-wear agents create a strong film between the main bearings and the eccentric shaft, reducing metal-on-metal contact and minimizing bearing wear
- Developed to reduce entrained gas generation. Entrained gases reduce the oil’s ability to prevent metal-on-metal contact, thereby increasing main bearing wear
- Includes Molybdenum as a friction modifier. This compound reacts with the metal surfaces to create a low-shear boundary. The low shear characteristic reduces friction, increasing efficiency and power output
Due to the intense heat produced by the rotary engine we strongly recommend using 20W-50 engine oil where outdoor temperatures are above freezing.
For example in states like California and Florida we recommend using 20W-50 year round since the temperature is fairly warm all year long. Locations with more traditional seasons we recommend using 10W-30 during the winter and colder months and then switching to 20W-50 during the summer hotter months.
Checkout more from the FD3S RX-7 Collection!